Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Ups and Downs of the Caribbean Music Industry...

Isn't it amazing that in such a small demographic, the industry operates like the Italian Mafia? I think so... As this archipelago of islands is small, everyone knows someone who knows someone who don't like you!

And then the back biting and bad talking starts...

Who don't like who and who sleep with who isn't necessarily something I have ever cared about, much less being desirous of discussing! In the words of my good friend, Nadia Batson, "All ah hearin' is blah blah blah blah, hey boy mind yuh business!"

That is exactly what most people need to do. For the love of music, can't we all get along?

One of the things I really like is that the demographic is so small that it makes it easy to network, someone I know can put me in contact with someone I need to talk to.

I sometimes laugh to myself when I listen to industry newbies name drop, it's truly amusing... I am well known in the Caribbean but there are times when I just sit back and listen. There are many who don't seem to realize that I was through with it before they knew what to do with it.

All in all, show business will always have challenges no matter where in the world you are. Bless
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from LIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment