Friday, January 15, 2010

Can KFC be serious?!

When I took up blogging, there were quite a few blogs that I found interesting and which I still look at read periodically. On one of them, I came across a post regarding a Racially Inclined KFC ad which has aired in their Australian Market which was 'inspired' by the fact that the West Indian cricket team is currently touring Australia.

Take a look:



Has KFC lost their mind? What are they implying?

"Anyone familiar with West Indian Cricket knows that West Indians come out to fete! Win, loose or draw, we celebrate. There are actually sections of every stadium in the Caribbean where 3/4 of the spectators do not watch the game, we have a party!"

Now what pisses me off is that in this ad, the lone Aussie in the picture says "Need a tip when you are stuck in an awkward situation?" Is it awkward to be around people having a good time? You want to give people KFC so they will settle down because you can't keep up? I have lost ALL respect for this company. Singling out people because of their cultural identity and behaviour just isn't right.

As far as I am concerned, KFC can hold they chicken. Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment